If you're looking for a flawless fake-tan, the key is preparation. So, make sure you have
everything you need to hand, and remember to follow our 10 simple tips too.
1. Wax or shave, 24 or 12 hours before respectively.
2. Always, always exfoliate before you tan
3. Also, before you tan, apply water-based lotion to dry areas like heels, elbows and knees.
4. Use tight fitting, disposable gloves. (Saves worrying about washing your hands over and over again to avoid over-tanned palms)
5. Do it after a shower – but make sure both you and the bathroom have chance to dry off properly. Moisture can lead to streaks!
6. Use a hairdryer (not too close up though) to speed up the drying process.
7. Don't apply self-tan directly to hands, knees, feet and elbows. Just spread from surrounding areas.
8. Get blotchy bits from sun-spots or acne scars that go much darker with fake tan? Just use a cotton bud to gently buff off the self-tan in these areas.
9. Don't bathe for around 8 hours afterwards.
10. Choose a good self-tan product that you know you can trust. We recommend: He-Shi
, St Tropez